Saturday, January 5, 2008

December 28, 2007- "Like a Mother misses her child"

I now understand what it must be like for a mother to leave behind her child for the very first time. Despite being robbed last night, I made the difficult decision to leave my laptop at the hotel I would be returning to in a few days. As much as I wanted to leave Port Vila in search of a more cultural experience, I knew that such a task would not be possible with all of my belongings. Though my laptop is safely locked in a wine cellar behind the front desk of Nomads, I have this tight feeling in my stomach when I think of the possibility that it might not be there when I get back in a few days. Though I am enjoying my time away from the pollution and hustle and bustle of Port Vila, I can`t help but think about my laptop and what losing it would mean...

No comments: