Saturday, January 5, 2008

January 4, 2008 "Little Girl Lost in the Big City"

Well, today I got my first look at the big city, Sydney, and am happy to report that it did not pick me up and devour me with its grotesqueness! Though I will definitely admit that from time to time I kept finding myself thinking "Holy- Little girl lost in the big city."
If ever you want to feel insignificant and minute, I would highly recommend a visit to the central downtown core of Sydney! I am well aware that Seoul is an immense city, but it is difficult to feel unsubstantial amongst a rush of a million black heads when your own is yellow.

This afternoon`s excursion, with Shaina as my trusted tour guide, was a chance for me to get my feet wet. Tomorrow, I`m jumping in feet first. It`s sink or swim and my fingers are crossed that I am able to at least float!

(I`m living in a city where I speak the local language, am able to read the street signs, and can identify with the currency---- it should be a piece of cake, right? (nervous pondering))

No comments: