Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Soaking up the sun on Bondi beach

This afternoon was spent at Bondi beach, a 1km beach just 7km from the city centre of Sydney, reachable by a short train and bus ride from Shaina`s apartment in Dulwich Hill. Bondi is a surfer/beach suburb to Sydney and a popular spot for tourists and locals alike.

If someone were to ask me what my favorite thing about Sydney is--- without a doubt it would be how easily accessible the beaches are for those without their own means of transportation. I was so sick and tired of spending summers in cities or towns with no means of getting to a source of water as a means of relief from the scorching sun! Anywhere I`ve ever lived before, beaches and lakes were only accessible by those who had their own means of transportation. The fact that public transportation in Sydney will drop you off right in the sand of multiple beaches is phenomenal!

Shaina and I with Bondi in the background...

Bondi high rises over the beach...

Bondi Beach (not exactly Whale Cove... haha)
One of the many surfers who frequent Bondi beach...

And finally---- this is where you`ll find me for the next 9 months in OZ--- smack dab in the middle of the beach with the sand between my toes and the sun on my back!

No comments: