Thursday, April 17, 2008

My credit card has taken a serious beating!

My credit card has taken a serious beating today!

I`m relieved to announce that my upcoming trip to Southeast Asia is booked, paid, and confirmed! Thank God for that because for the last few days--- I`ve been feeling as though my head was about to explode with all of the number crunching, airline researching, etc, trying to find the most cost effective route to the Philippines thereby hitting up as many countries as possible. After much thought- I concluded that it was unrealistic to think that I could hit as many countries as I would have liked. I think that living in the Philippines for 4 weeks will be enough of a culture shock as it is and therefore it would probably be in my best interest to limit my destinations this time around. This being said--- my trip itinerary is as follows:

June 1st: Departing Sydney for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (spending one week in Malaysia--- itinerary TBA)
June 8th: Departing Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for Manila, Philippines (spending 1 night in a hotel near the airport)
June 9th: Departing Manila for Tacloban City (1 hour flight from Manila--- where my volunteer placement will take place in the Philippines)

I still don`t know any of the details concerning the placement other than the city location and the fact that it will be one directly related to social work. I am told by the organization that now having my flight details, they will be working on the details of the placement and will contact me within the next few weeks. In the meantime, I will occupy myself with planning my one week in Malaysia, and also with planning my return trip to Sydney (which may not be hindered by the fact that I also registered for a distance psychology course that will be beginning in July--- ehnnn--- if the materials needed for the course arrive before I leave--- maybe I`ll just pursue the course on the road!)

I finally feel as though I`m getting my act together--- it`s too bad for my poor credit card, though! haha

No comments: