Friday, April 25, 2008

A stroll through the Chinese Gardens...



A few weeks ago when I made my final decision to leave Sydney at the beginning of June, I sat down and made a list of the last few things I wanted to see and do before leaving. At the top of my list was a day spent strolling along the Chinese Gardens in downtown Sydney. Although the weather has been absolutely miserable lately (what are we Day #15 of rain?), Shaina and I decided to brave the potential crap weather and check out the gardens once and for all. As luck would have it, the weather remained relatively agreable--- the rain held off until just minutes after we finished up at the gardens! woot woot!

I would highly recommend the Chinese Gardens to anyone visiting Sydney. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous! It`s so hard to believe that this beautiful garden enclosure is smack down in the middle of the city`s highrises! haha (in fact--- in a few photos you can probably see some of the city`s buildings in the background). Strolling through the gardens, and seeing all of the little Asian kiddies roaming about instantly reminded me of their absolute cuteness! I`m growing more and more excited for the Philippines to be reacquainted with the adorable little ones...

All in all--- the gardens were definitely worth the mere $6 admission fee. My only regret was having bought a Starbucks "flat white" (the Australian coffee term for a coffee made with milk) just minutes before entering the gardens. A herbal tea in the tea house on site would have been nice...














No comments: